english scholarship application
First & Last Name:
High School Type:
High School GPA:
Test Scores: SAT ACT
Class Rank: out of
1. Please list any honors courses, Advanced Placement (AP) , or college-level courses completed.
2. Please list any extracurricular activities in which you have participated in relating to your chosen major (such as working on the school newspaper, attending writing workshops, participating in theatre productions, etc.).
3. Please list any other substantial extracurricular activities into which you have put significant time and effort (sports, performances, etc.). Also include any positions of leadership or responsibility which you have held in the school, church, or community (team captain, student council, newspaper, etc.). Please keep the listing brief and describe general categories (example: I was in theatre productions and in varsity basketball during all four years of high school.).
4. Please submit a representative piece of your best writing, either creative (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction) or academic (ie. a research essay). You can copy/paste your work into the box below. If your work doesn't fit inside the parameters, you can email your work to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' (make sure to include your full name and address) or place a copy into US Mail addressed to the following:
Admissions Office - English Scholarship Application
2303 College Ave.
Huntington, IN 46750
5. Please describe why you are interested in pursuing the major indicated above.
6. Identify your favorite work of literature and give a brief explanation as to why it is your favorite.
7. Briefly discuss any personal writing projects you are working on or other pursuits relevant to the study or practice of English.