history/political science scholarship application
First & Last Name:
High School Type:
High School GPA:
Test Scores: SAT ACT
Class Rank: out of
1. Please list any honors courses, Advanced Placement (AP) , or college-level courses completed.
2. Please list any extracurricular activities in which you have participated in relating to your chosen major, such as student government participation, history club, etc. (If none, proceed to next question.)
3. Please list any other substantial extracurricular activities into which you have put significant time and effort (sports, performances, etc.). Also include any positions of leadership or responsibility which you have held in the school, church, or community (team captain, student council, newspaper, etc.). Please keep the listing brief and describe general categories (example: I was in theatre productions and in varsity basketball during all four years of high school.).
4. Please submit a representative piece of writing you have done for a history or government class: a class research paper, an essay, etc. Please make sure to not include hyperlinks in the field below. If you have a reference from the web, please don't type http or www as it will cause your applicatoin to not submit properly. If your work doesn't fit inside the parameters, you can email your work to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' (make sure to include your full name and address) or place a copy into US Mail addressed to the following:
Admissions Office - History Scholarship Application
2303 College Ave.
Huntington, IN 46750
5. Please describe why you are interested in pursuing the major indicated above.
6. Identify your favorite historical or political figure and give a brief explanation as to why he/she is your favorite.
*For questions regarding this application or the Department of History and Political Science, please contact Dr, Jeff Webb, Chair, Department of History and Political Science, at email@example.com or call 260-359-4243.