history/political science scholarship information
Description: Scholarships of up to $2,500 are available to select incoming students majoring in History, History Education, or Political Science, or those considering a Pre- Law academic program in History, renewable for up to four years for students who continue to meet specified criteria. These grants are in addition to any other scholarships for which students may be eligible.
To be eligible, a prospective student must do the following:
1. File an Application for Admission with Huntington University with a declared intent to major in History, History Education, History/Pre-Law or Political Science as a primary area of interest. The application form may be completed online and also requires the submission of a $20 application fee, a high school transcript, and ACT or SAT test scores (often included on the transcript). All application materials including transcripts and test scores must be received by February 1.
2. Complete the History Scholarship Application form online by clicking here. The form must be received by February 1 and should include a piece of writing you have done for a history or government class: a class research paper, an essay, and so forth.
3. Attend the History/Political Science Visit day, on February 6, 2014. If you are unable to visit this day, please schedule an individual visit before February 6th.
The selection committee will consider factors including the completed application form below, SAT or ACT scores, high school GPA, high school courses completed, and the submitted piece of original writing.
Scholarship recipients will be notified of the award on a rolling basis after March 1.
Criteria for Scholarship Renewal:
Any student chosen as a scholarship recipient must meet the following criteria in order to continue receiving the award each semester:
1. Be enrolled as a full-time student at Huntington University.
2. Declare a major in History, History Education, History/Pre-Law or Political Science upon initial registration.
3. Maintain a cumulative Huntington University GPA of at least 3.0.
4. Complete the degree in eight semesters or fewer. Students whose program is extended by off campus study, a change in major, illness during a semester, or other extenuating circumstances may warrant aid beyond the eight semesters and may apply to the Department of History for an extension.
Click here to return to the History Department Homepage.