Information for Students
Reserves or Course Reserves are items (books, articles, videos, etc.) that are placed behind the Circulation Desk for use in a specific course (or class). Usually reserve items are loaned for very short periods of time such as 2 hours or 1 day, so that an entire class has the chance to use the material. Reserves also carry fines that are much higher than the normal fine, 50¢ per hour or day depending on the type of reserve.
Things to remember when requesting a reserve item:
- You must know the professors name who placed the item on reserve.
- You must know the author and title of the item (it should be on your syllabus).
- Most hourly reserves cannot be removed from the library. Some professor make an exception and allow hourly material to be taken out overnight. In such cases the material should be returned before 8:00 a.m. or a fine will be charged.
- Reserves can be searched in our Public Catalog by Instructor, Course or Title. Click here to search for an item.
- Reserves cannot be renewed.
Information for Faculty
Faculty members may request that library owned or personal copies of items for class use be placed on Reserve. To place an item on reserve please fill out the Reserve Form completely and submit the form and the item to the Reserve Coordinator at least 1 business day before the item will be needed by the class. If you request the library staff to pull the item(s) please allow 2 business days. Forms and items should be submitted to the Pat Jones between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Do not leave reserve materials with student desk attendants.
- Loan Periods Available: 2 & 3 hour, 1& 2 day, and 1 week
- Hourly loan periods are assumed to be IN LIBRARY USE ONLY
- Each faculty member is limited to three reserve shelves of material
- Materials placed on reserves are for class assignments, not for student convenience or an "easy access library"
- Download a copy of the Course Reserve From in Word or PDF
- Please give the same bibliographic information to students as you record on the Reserve Form
- The following items will not be accepted for Course Reserves:
- Interlibrary Loan Items
- Rented media such as Netflix DVDs