Huntington, Ind.—Huntington College Theatre will present “Stepping Out” April 13 through 15 in the Studio Theatre of the Merillat Centre for the Arts. Performances begin nightly at 8 p.m.
Tickets go on sale Wednesday, March 29. Reserved seats cost $5 for adults, $4 for students and seniors. The Huntington College Theatre Box Office is open from 1:00 to 5:00 weekdays. Call (260) 359-4275 for reservations and further information.
The comedy by Richard Harris tells the story of a dance class filled with good hearts and bad dancers. “Stepping Out” follows a playful journey as the dancers prepare for their debut in front of an audience. As they head toward their big night, the dancers discover more and more about one another’s personal lives, and the value of intimate friendship.
The show will be directed by Kate Miller, who graduated from Huntington College in 1999 with a degree in theatre. She now works as the Director of Marketing and Events at the Scottish Rite Center in Fort Wayne. As a student, she appeared on the Merillat Centre stage in “Fiddler on the Roof”, “Steel Magnolias”, “The Diary of Anne Frank”, “A Doll’s House”, and other productions. Miller directed the one-act play “The Ugly Duckling”, but this is her first opportunity to direct a regular-season production at Huntington College.
The cast includes:
· Rachel VanOsdol, playing the part of Mrs. Fraser. Rachel is an English major from Arlington, IN. She was also in the Huntington College production of “Our Town.”
· Katie Harner, playing the part of Lynne. Katie is from Rockford, MI and is pursuing a double major in Theatre and Bible/Religion. She has appeared in “Good News” and the one- act play, “The Ugly Duckling.”
· Kelly O’Roark, playing the part of Dorothy. Kelly is from Beaver Falls, PA. She appeared in this winter’s production of “My Emperor’s New Clothes.”
· John Warden, playing the part of Geoffrey. John is a Theatre Performance major from Cincinnati, OH. He has been in many HC productions including “As You Like It”, “Good News”, “A few Good Men”, “Tartuffe”, and “Our Town.”
· Rebekah Ward, playing the part of Maxine. Rebekah is a Theater Performance and Educational Ministries double major. She has appeared on the HC stage in “Quilters”, “The Diary of Anne Frank”, “Our Town”, “A Few Good Men”, “Good News”, and “A Christmas Carol.”
· Stacie Miller, playing the part of Andy. She is a Psychology major from Hicksville, OH. She has been in “Return to the Forbidden Planet”, “Our Town”, “Ugly Duckling”, and “Good News.”
· Katie Piehl, playing the part of Sylvia. Katie is a Psychology major form Lima, OH. This is her debut on the HC stage.
· Katie Hultman, playing the part of Rose. Katie is a Music major from Spring Arbor, MI. This is also her debut on the HC stage.
· Katy Monroe, playing the part of Vera. Katy is an Oral Communications major from Huntington, IN. She appeared in “Quilters”, “Return to the Forbidden Planet”, “A Winter’s Tale”, and “Good News.”
· Jessica Abbott, playing the part of Mavis. Jessica is a Theatre Performance major from Roanoke, IN. She appeared in the Huntington College Theatre productions of “Good News” and “As You Like It.”
Theatre is among many distinctive programs available from Huntington College. Founded in 1897, the four-year, Christian liberal-arts school offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in nearly 50 academic concentrations.
# # #