HUNTINGTON, Ind. – The Forester men’s tennis team wrapped up the year with a convincing 9-0 win over the Red Wolves of IU East Tuesday afternoon at Klopfenstein Courts.
HU opened up play with two points right from the start as they won by default at No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles. They wasted little time disposing of the Red Wolves at every spot, cruising to wins in doubles before winning in straight sets in singles action.
Huntington finishes the year with a record of 12-6.
1. Vlad Khudziy (HU) def. Ty Butler (IUE) 6-2, 6-1
2. Joseph Straznicky (HU) def. Connor Kramer (IUE) 7-5, 6-1
3. Diego Inurritegui (HU) def. Jacob Thompson (IUE) 6-2, 6-1
4. Jacob Cross (HU) def. Justin Judd (IUE) 6-1, 6-1
5. Matthew Wilcox (HU) def. Dan Estadilla (IUE) 6-0, 6-0
6. Huntington won by default
1. Khudziy/Straznicky (HU) def. Butler/Kramer (IUE) 8-3
2. Derek Hinen/Joseph Brenneman (HU) def. Judd/Thompson (IUE) 8-3
3. Huntington won by default