HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The Huntington men’s tennis team (5-6) ended the regular season portion of their fall schedule on a high note by dominating Indiana Tech 6-3 Saturday morning and will look to carry this momentum into postseason play.
Up against former HU standout Gonzalo Vivas’ Warrior squad, HU jump-started the morning with two wins in doubles action before taking care of business in singles play to secure the win.
The Foresters enter the conference tournament as the No. 5 seed and will look to avenge last week’s loss to 4th-seeded Spring Arbor University on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
1. Vlad Khudziy (HU) def. Fernando Gonzales (IT) 6-4, 6-3
2. Jose Hungria (HU) def. Nicholas Tripanon (IT) 6-2, 7-5
3. Joseph Straznicky (HU) def. Alberto Tenias (IT) 6-4, 6-2
4. Sriram Aranganathan (IT) def. Diego Inurritegui (HU) 4-6, 6-2 (10-7)
5. Vinicius Silva (IT) def. Zakk Sparks (HU) 6-3, 6-4
6. Arjun Bhalla (HU) def. Clayton Northey (IT) 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (7-3)
1. Khudziy/Hungria (HU) def. Gonzales/Silva (IT) 8-0
2. Straznicky/Inurritegui (HU) def. Tripanon/Tenias (IT) 8-5
3. Sparks/Bhalla (HU) def. Aranganathan/Northey (IT) 8-3