FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Playing in their second match of the spring season, the HU men’s tennis team had their hands full against Division I foe IPFW (17-7) Saturday afternoon. The Foresters loss 9-0 to drop to 11-6 on the year.
The Foresters kept things close in doubles action but struggled in singles play, getting beat in straight sets and collecting only 13 total games at the six spots.
Huntington has a ten-day break before hosting IU East on April 22 at 4:30 p.m.
1. Daniel Kang (IPFW) def. Vlad Khudziy (HU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Andres Cobos (IPFW) def. Joseph Straznicky (HU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Jonathan Raa (IPFW) def. Diego Inurritegui (HU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Gerad Guell (IPFW) def. Joe Brenneman (HU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Martin Maudi (IPFW) def. Jacob Cross (HU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Karl Wagensten-Oye (IPFW) def. Matthew Wilcox (HU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Kang/Cobos (IPFW) def. Khudziy/Straznicky (HU) 8-4
2. Guell/Muadi (IPFW) def. Inurritegui/Cross (HU) 8-4
3. Connor Andrews/Wangensten-Oye (IPFW) def. Derek Hinen/Brenneman (HU) 8-6