HUNTINGTON, Ind. — Huntington University has inducted 15 education students into the Omega Psi chapter of Kappa Delta Pi. The students were inducted in a special ceremony on April 16.
Kappa Delta Pi is the international honor society in education. Education majors who are at least second semester sophomores and whose overall grade point average is at least a 3.5 are eligible for membership in Kappa Delta Pi. Dr. Terrell Peace, professor in education, serves as the chapter counselor.
During the ceremony, chapter officers also were named.
Newly elected officers include:
- Amy Snider, president, a junior elementary and special education major from Wapakoneta, Ohio
- Grace Green, vice president, a senior elementary education and special education major from Blissfield, Mich.
- Chelsea August, secretary, a junior elementary and special education major from Goshen, Ind.
- Joe Brenneman, treasurer, a senior math education major from St. Marys, Ohio
- Amy Landhuis, historian, a senior history education Huntington, Ind.
- Paul Monroe, membership chair, a senior visual arts and English education major from Sumter, S.C.
Kappa Delta Pi has been in existence since 1911 and has more than 50,000 active members worldwide.
Huntington University’s Omega Psi chapter was chartered on May 1, 2000. In 2003, the chapter was honored as the newest chapter ever to receive an Achieving Chapter Excellence Award, or ACE Award, from Kappa Delta Pi’s national headquarters.
In 2005 and 2007, the Omega Psi chapter received its second and third consecutive ACE awards at the national convocation. For more information, visit www.kdp.org.
The following students were inducted during the ceremony:
- Hosanna Burr, a sophomore math education and Pre-Law major from Columbia, Mo.
- Victoria Cohagan, a senior visual arts and art education major from Bourbonnais, Ill.
- Kaileen Dashner, a junior elementary and special education major from Parma, Mich.
- Jennifer Doriot, a senior elementary and special education major from Waldron, Mich.
- Rachel Hardt, a sophomore elementary education language arts major from Roanoke, Ind.
- Amanda Henningfield, a junior physical education and health major from Union Grove, Wis.
- Lydia Johnson, a sophomore elementary and special education major from Monroe, Ind.
- Jeremy Miller, a junior elementary and middle school education major from Shipshewana, Ind.
- Hillary Pulse, a senior elementary education English as new language major from Leavenworth, Wash.
- Abigail Schmidt, a sophomore elementary and special education major from Brownsburg, Ind.
- Jordan Schmucker, a sophomore chemistry education major from Blissfield, Mich.
- Preston Shafer, a junior music-choral education major from Huntington, Ind.
- Madison Smith, a sophomore elementary and special education major from Columbia City, Ind.
- Tiffany Walther, a sophomore elementary and math education major from Claypool, Ind.
- Aimee Wester, a sophomore math education major from Valparaiso, Ind.