HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The HU men’s tennis team picked up its second consecutive win, a 7-2 victory, over the visiting Maple Leafs of Goshen College Saturday morning. With this win, the Foresters improve to 2-2 overall, 2-0 in league play.
Huntington picked up two wins in doubles play and then collected five more victories in singles action to cruise to the convincing win. Having finally received official clearance from the NAIA on Friday, freshman Arjun Bhalla came away with a 6-3, 6-4 win at No. 6 singles to start his collegiate career on a high note.
“This was a great match,” said Coach Eckert. “The group played really hard, never giving up.”
The Foresters remain in the throes of league play as they face back-to-back matches on Monday and Tuesday against the University of Saint Francis and Indiana Wesleyan University respectively.
1. Vlad Khudziy (HU) def. Csaba Laszlo (GC) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
2. Jose Hungria (HU) def. Balazs Pirot (GC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Joseph Straznicky (HU) def. Jon Kassa (GC) 6-4, 7-6 (7-2)
4. Diego Inurritegui (HU) def. Thiago Amaral (GC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Krishnan Ganesan (GC) def. Zakk Sparks (HU) 7-5, 3-6 (10-8)
6. Arjun Bhalla (HU) def. Daniel Buschert (GC) 6-3, 6-4
1. Khudziy/Hungria (HU) def. Laszlo/Pirot (GC) 8-4
2. Straznicky/Inurritegui (HU) def. Kassa/Buschert (GC) 8-2
3. Amaral/Ganesan (GC) def. Sparks/Bhalla (HU) 8-5