Huntington University is a Christian liberal arts college in Indiana

disability services

Huntington University is the campus home for a number of individuals diagnosed with various disabling conditions. Ensuring equal access by qualified persons to educational opportunities afforded by the University is mandated by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the ADA Amendments Act. However, it is the additional intent of Learning Center staff to see that this mandate is observed in a Christlike manner – not simply observing the letter of the law, but interacting with persons with disabilities in a respectful manner which enhances their independence.

In compliance with Section 504 and ADAAA, Huntington University makes reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. The director of the Learning Center is the advocate and coordinator of services for students with disabilities at the university. Any student who has a learning, orthopedic, sensory, neurological, psychiatric or other condition that substantially limits one or more major life activities and who would benefit from accommodations may be eligible for assistance.
Making the transition from high school to college is important for every student. However, for some students with disabilities, it can be very confusing. A brochure has been prepared to assist students and their parents with that process.

The U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights has issued a pamphlet to offer guidance for students transitioning to college. You may access it at:
We have reproduced another resource for students in transition from high school to college.

Parents of students with disabilities may find this document helpful.
In order for students with disabilities to qualify for accommodations at HU, they must provide documentation which clearly describes the condition, it's effect on the student's functioning, and recommendations which would help the student overcome barriers that have been identified. Students may have one of the forms below completed by the appropriate professional to serve as documentation of their disability OR they may provide copies of reports or other forms they already have, if the same information is available as on the respective HU form.

Students may contact the Learning Center in person, by phone at 260-359-4290 or by e-mail at for more information.