history & political science department
Students at Huntington University can choose to study courses in American, European and Non-Western history and political science. In doing so they benefit from enthusiastic teaching that is research-led.
Our history and political science faculty have between them written 9 books and are actively engaged in scholarly debate. Our department’s professors are dedicated to their students; they have all been voted university professor of the year.
How do employers regard a degree in history or political science?
Our students are highly valued by employers. The broad undergraduate program of study in history and political science is designed to equip students with the capacity to read, write and think. Students develop generic abilities in literary and oral communication, argument analysis, teamwork, independent research and presentation skills. They have gone into a wide range of occupations including:
- graduate work in history and the humanities.
- advanced work in law, political science and other social sciences.
- positions in the not for profit sector.
- teaching history and social studies at the middle school and high school level.
- positions in business, management, media and government.
- advanced work in library science, museum and archival management.
Graduates making a difference
Melissa Grossman (Political Science '14) has accepted a position in the Immigration Department at Catholic Charities in Fort Wayne, IN.
Read more stories...
Join the history and political science conversation on campus, on Facebook and LinkedIn.