The Office of University Relations supports Huntington University's mission in Christian higher education by fostering mutually beneficial relationships between the University, its constituents and the general public. The Office provides marketing communications and public relations services to campus departments, as well as professional communications counsel to the University's senior leadership team.
- Ensuring truthfulness and integrity in all University statements and claims.
- Fostering productive two-way communication between the University and its public.
- Aligning University activities to serve the public interest and the Kingdom of God.
- Earning and enhancing positive public opinion toward the University.
- News Bureau and Media Relations
- Alumni Relations
- Parent and Grandparent Programs
- Publications (magazine, newsletters)
- Digital communications (web, social media)
- Creative Services (photography and graphic design)
- developing the Huntington University website and social media
- maintaining an active news bureau
- publishing the University's flagship magazine
- developing the Academe monthly newsletter
- providing a comprehensive campus calendar
- enhancing internal communications
- supporting the University's graphic standards
- purchasing advertising
- providing graphic design services
- enhancing the University's marketing opportunities
- submitting statistical reports to appropriate agencies across the U.S.
- maintaining a project-request center for campus constituents
The University Relations team reports to the Vice President for University Relations. As members of the Marketing Task Force, all staff work closely with Admissions personnel in developing and executing the University's comprehensive marketing program. They also collaborate with the Advancement Office, Alumni Association and President's Office to plan and execute a wide variety of special events (e.g. homecoming and commencement).