Potential Future Program Ideas
Signature Academic Program Development or Expansion Ideas:
- Digital Media Arts
- Townsend Institute
Undergraduate Academic Expansion or Launch Ideas:
- Computer Science - Cyber Security
- Emerging Media
- Criminal Justice
- Kinesiology, OTA
- Music Technology
- History and Political Science
- Institute for TESOL Studies
Graduate Academic Launch Ideas:
- Athletic Training
- Sports Management
- Advanced – Medical / Allied Health, Chiropractic, Dental, PA
- Doctoral programs – Psychology / Counseling/ Education
Co-Curricular Program Launch Ideas:
- JV Athletic Programs
- Show Choir
- Industry Certifications
- Advanced Computing
Bold Moves – Big Ideas
- Guaranteed Pricing Opportunities
- Guaranteed Transfer Pricing Opportunities
- Football / Cheer / Band
- School of Nursing Partnerships
- School of Chiropractic Medicine
- School of Optometry
- Ivy Tech Collaboration
- Online Expansion
- Spiritual Living – Learning Facility at Purdue (Residence Hall)
- Spiritual Living – Learning Facility at the largest Ivy Tech (Residence Hall)
- Foundation Year Program with China
- Guaranteed job in major field of study within 1 year of graduation or 1st year of graduate school tuition is free.
- Expansion to other US locations.
- School of Architecture
- School of Engineering
- 3 Year Graduation Program
- 3 +1 program or 4 +1 program
- First Year Experience (ABLE) expanded
- Senior Townhouse living (collaborate with Heritage)
- Medical/Allied Health facility (collaborate with Parkview)
- DIY - Design your own HU experience - permit students to combine existing courses related to an area of interest in a way that best meets their needs. Package with unique J-term, experiential learning, co-curricular experience. Focus on competencies and interests.
- Create the HU Art Institute – F2F or online certificates, degrees, MFA.
- Enhance computer science degree with a minor or a major in robotics engineering, networking, biometric systems, business intelligence/analytics
- Forensic science (as a major or within the Criminal Justice major)
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Campus road that would go straight out to 24 from the parameter drive near MCA.
- Summer Drone/UAV training camp
- Summer Film/Broadcasting camp
- May Term Feature Film ($40K budget to produce a inspirational feature film each summer)
- Spring Film Festival with featured filmmaker from Hollywood with HS and JR hs contest and awards
- Master’s in Education – Intense Intervention
- Reduce the general core for students double majoring
- Selected faculty re-map load to 3 courses each semester with 4th course time to go towards recruiting majors in their area (on site visits and networking expected and accounted for)
- Develop the “Mall” area and lawn areas in front of Baker Hall into a engaging place for students to hang out in and socialize with possible permanent fire pit, basketball course, volleyball court, amphitheater, etc... Build a walking bridge ACROSS Lake Snowtip.
- International studies major (including history, business, ministry and missions, a required semester abroad). Could use CCCU programs for the semester abroad.
- A thesis option for majors, who would get some research support and some kind of recognition on their transcripts.
- A graduation exam requirement for each major and for the core.
- Partner with churches to offer ministry and/or Bible/theology courses for seniors or adults.
- Culinary Arts or Nutritional science
- Major/program in Musical Theatre
- Minor in Asian languages
HUNTINGTON, Ind. - For the fourth time in her career, Huntington University junior Miranda Palmer was named this week’s Crossroads League Player of the Week for the week of November 9, 2015. The 5-6 junior guided the Foresters to three wins last week for a 3-0 start to the season. In HU’s season opener at Holy Cross, Palmer posted a game-high 30 points which included the game-winning three with 1.8 seconds in OT to lift HU past the Saints 89-87. She also tallied six assists, three...