During orientation weekend, we do our best to provide a variety of food options for family and loved ones! At check-in, you'll receive a $1 coupon that you can use in the Family Welcome Lounge or the Dining Commons. Students are encouraged to eat in the dining commons with their new classmates as much as possible during orientation weekend!
If you want to get off campus to try some of the local cuisine, Huntington offers a variety of restuarant options, from your favorite chains to fast food to local legends!
- McDonalds: 60 Home Street
- Taco Bell: 2810 North Jefferson Street (N. Jefferson is Rt. 5)
- Burger King: 1918 N. Jefferson Street
- Subway: 2048 N. Jefferson Street
- Wendy’s: 103 Frontage Road
- Great Wall (Chinese Buffet): 1940 N. Jefferson Street
- Mecates (Mexican): 105 Frontage Road
- Pizza Junction: 201 Court Street
- Pizza Hut: 101 Frontage Road
- Applebee’s: 346 Hauenstein Road
And don't forget to check out our coffee shops!
- The Party Shop
- JJ Java
- Cafe of Hope
If you plan to stay overnight either before or after dropping of your new HU student, Huntington has a host of lodging options that are easy to find and affordable.
Huntington University is easy to find! We are located at the intersection of US 24 and Guilford Street on the north side of Huntington, Indiana.
- From the North: From Fort Wayne, take I-69 South to Exit 302 (Old Exit 102) and follow U.S. 24 to Huntington, Indiana. Continue on US 24 west to the stoplight at Guilford Street. Turn left. The main campus entrance will be on your left.
- From the South: From Indianapolis, take I-69 north. At Exit 278 (Warren exit; Old Exit 78) take State Route 5 north to Huntington, Indiana. Go straight through light at the corner of SR 5 and Hwy 224. Continue north to US 24, a double-lane highway at the top of a hill. Turn left (west) and continue on US 24 until you reach the stop light at Guilford Street. Turn left. The main campus entrance will be on your left.
- From the East: From Decatur, Indiana or Van Wert, Ohio, take Highway 224 east to Broadway Ave. (You can't miss the 4-way stop at Bud's Fishin' Hole). Turn right onto Broadway. Go north to the second double-lane highway, which is US 24. Turn left (west) and continue until you reach the stop light at Guilford Street. Turn left. The main campus entrance will be on your left.
- From the West: From Wabash, Logansport, or Lafayette, take US 24 east to Huntington, Indiana, jogging left at the Historic Forks of the Wabash Park. Continue on US 24 to the stop light at Guilford Street. Turn right. The main campus entrance will be on your left.
Once you arrive on our beautiful campus, you'll need a campus map! Make sure you take some time to tour the campus!
HUNTINGTON, Ind. – Huntington University sophomore Christiana Hicks was named the Crossroads League Women’s Field Athlete of the Week for the week of February 9 based on her performance at the Joe Bank Invitational hosted by Ohio Northern University over the weekend. . It was a record-breaking day for Hicks. In addition to punching her ticket to the NAIA Indoor National Championships, the Fort Wayne native (Snider H.S.) also established a new school record in triple jump with her...