Thousands of men and women loyally serve this country each year in the armed forces. As a way to say thank you, the Adult Degree Programs at Huntington University has lowered the cost of its degree programs for active-duty military personnel. Beginning in Fall 2011, tuition was reduced to $250 per credit hour for all 100 and 200-level courses for active-duty military personnel and their dependents.

Huntington University has taken this step in a difficult economy to recognize the contributions our military personnel are making for our country, often at significant personal sacrifice. Not only are we are proud to provide a Christ-centered, nationally-recognized educational experience at a price that will make this a viable option for military families, Huntington University is also proud to be a Yellow Ribbon School.

Numerous military personnel have enrolled in the Adult Degree Programs since its inception in 1993 because of its reputation for quality education and the high standards it sets for its students. Senior Master Sgt. John Furge, a 2005 Adult Degree Programs graduate, used the program to finish his bachelor’s degree in organization management while continuing his career in the 122nd Fighter Wing of the Indiana Air National Guard in Fort Wayne, Ind. Chief Master Sgt. Tim Tolentino, also of the Fighter Wing, transferred to the program after discovering the convenience of the onsite classes and the quality of the professors.

“The flexibility that I had through Huntington fit perfectly with my schedule especially as a military person. They understood that sometimes duty calls,” said Tolentino, a 2007 graduate. “They took into consideration that we were working people and that we were fitting education into our schedule, but they still made it challenging. They empower you to learn.” 

To determine their benefit eligibility, military students should call (888) GI-BILL1 (888-442-4551).

Once you have determined your eligibility, please contact Beth Dubois, assistant registrar at Huntington University, at Before contacting the Office of the Registrar, it would be helpful to have the following information available: Name, VA Chapter Benefits (33, 35, or Post 9/11 GI Bill), and confirmation that you have applied for benefits.

To apply for benefits, please complete the Application for VA Education Benefits. Huntington University’s school code for veteran’s benefits is 22-1995. Once the application is completed, you will receive a certificate of eligibility, and the Registrar's Office needs a copy of this as well as a copy of your DD Form 214 (your military service record). You can request the DD Form 214 by logging on to

Veterans’ Benefits provided by government agencies may be used at Huntington. Huntington University is approved for educational training of veterans and their families under US Code Title 38, Section 1775. Applications and certifications for veterans programs are handled through the Office of the Registrar.