University to Host UB Conference Day
Huntington University is pleased to host an afternoon of events on July 16 as part of the 2021 US National Conference of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA. The conference takes place every other year at locations around the world. After eight years, the 2021 US National Conference is returning to Fort Wayne and the Grand Wayne Convention Center July 14-17.
Each night of the conference will feature a message from one of the UB denominational directors, including Dr. Sherilyn Emberton, president of Huntington University and denominational director of higher education, on Friday night. Huntington University is the denominational college of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA.
On Friday, events at the University include
- Food Trucks
- Campus Tours
- Academic Lectures
- 2:00 - Nicole Scheiman – Visual/Hearing Impairment Simulation Lab
- 2:30 - Bruce Evans – Anatomage Demonstration
- 3:00 - Aaron Baker – Cool Chemistry
- 3:30 - Jodi Eckert – Nursing Department Technology
- 4:00 - Deb Fitzcharles – Occupational Therapy Simulation Lab
- 4:30 - Shoshannah Hernandez – TESOL as Ministry
- DMA Film Festival
- Live Music (Attaboy and Keegan Ferrell)
- Don Strauss Animal Science Education Center Open House (with hayrides to and from the space)
- Worship Service
- Fireworks over Lake Sno-Tip
For more information about the UB Conference and a full schedule of events, visit ub.org/nc.