To be considered for admission to Huntington University, you must supply the following information. Once this information is received, the admissions committee will review your application and process you towards acceptance.

Required Admissions Materials:


If you would like to apply for the Master's in Counseling, please complete the Graduate Program Application.

Application Fee

The non-refundable $30 graduate application fee can be submitted with a credit/debit card by calling the business office at (260) 359-4283, or by mailing cash or a check (payable to Huntington University). This fee is waived for HU alumni.


Submit two recommendation forms, preferably at least one academic reference.


Submit a professional résumé, summarizing your life and work experiences.

Official Transcripts

Request official transcripts from the college/university awarding the highest degree you have completed. These transcripts must arrive via mail or electronic submission directly from the college/university. An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 is desired. 

Supplemental Application

Please complete the supplemental application. Answer all questions on the supplemental application by typing your answers on a separate sheet of paper. Submit via email or fax, if possible.

Required Prerequisites:

The Admissions Committee may choose to waive some requirements for special circumstances. Students may be accepted on a conditional basis until all prerequisites are met. Prerequisites must be completed within the first year of graduate study.

Academic Prerequisites

All prerequisite coursework must have a minimum grade of a C or better.

Required Prerequisites Credits
Introduction to Psychology 3
Biblical Studies 3

If you do not currently have these prerequisites met, we can then assist you in completing these requirements.

Sending Information:

Please submit your admissions materials to us one of the following ways:


Huntington University Graduate Programs
2303 College Avenue
Huntington, IN 46750


If you have any questions, please email or call (888) 424-7231.


Each state has regulations related to therapy practice, internships and mental health licensing. Students should become familiar with regulations in their state of residence. In particular, students should become knowledgeable of state regulations regarding distance (online) education, specific course and internship requirements. Students are responsible for understanding unique licensure requirements of their state.