Applying to Huntington University as an International Student
Step by Step: From Application to Arrival
Fill out online application
You will receive an email from Shoshannah Hernandez thanking you for your application and requesting any other documents that you have not yet submitted.
- High school transcripts (official list in English of courses taken and grades)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Financial Information
- SAT/ACT scores (not required, but recommended)
If you meet our admission requirements, you will receive a letter of acceptance.
International Admissions Requirements
- Completed application with essays
- TOEFL of at least 75 (internet) or IELTS of at least 6.0 overall
- UPDATE! For students applying for the fall of 2014, we will begin to offer Intensive English classes and will be able to accept TOEFL scores as low as 65. Students with TOEFL scores between 65 and 75 will be required to take a limited class load including one Intensive English class per semester and attend weekly English tutoring sessions.
- High School GPA equivalent to a 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- GPAs of at least 3.5 and higher, SAT/ACT scores can be used to help us determine eligibility for scholarships
- SAT/ACT Reading and Writing scores can also be used to waive TOEFL/IELTS
Financial Aid Package: We will inform you of any scholarships or grants that you have been awarded.
Send in your deposit to Huntington University.
Initial I-20 Issued
- Documents Needed
- Copy of Passport
- Documentation of financial ability to fund one year of tuition, room, board & fees at HU
- Mailing Address
- Medical Record form
I-20 and Welcome Pack mailed to you
Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee, apply for your F-1 student visa (in your home country)
Notify Shoshannah when you receive your visa, make travel plans and arrive at HU!
Review our FAQ page for additional information about the international application process.
Contact us with your questions:
Shoshannah Hernandez, International Admissions Counselor
To have an admissions counselor contact you, please fill out this form!