Many factors go into the circulation of material but in general the circulation periods for students are as follows:
- 2 weeks for most material except as indicated below
- Popular DVDs : 3 days
- Current Periodicals: 1 day
- Unbound periodicals: 3 days
- Reserve Material: time periods stipulated by faculty
- Audiovisual Hardware: generally 24 hours
- Reference: Non-circulating
Two renewals for all items except popular recreational books, which have one renewal. Reserves may not be renewed.
HU students and personnel may renew their items online. Resident patrons must return the item to the library for renewal.
Online Renewal Instructions
- Go to the RichLyn Library Catalog search page
- Click on the green My Account icon on the left side under the Huntington University logo
- Enter your library barcode number (all the barcode numbers on the back of your HU ID card).
- Enter your password. (Your password is your last name or the last 5 letters of your last name. If your password does not work contact the Circulation Coordinator at 359-4054 for assistance.)
- CLICK ON the green VIEW/RENEW LOANS.
- Click on the underlined name of the item you want to renew. A screen will appear that reads: Details for your loan (Number ___).
- Under Details for loan no. ... in the second column Renew should be underlinded. Click on Renew. The previous screen should appear with the new date. If you have already renewed the maximum number of times this line will display "Renewal limit has been reached."
- You can also click on RENEW ALL and those items eligible for renewal will have their date changed. This however will add one renewal to all items.
- Normally the system will allow two renewals. For some items only one renewal is available online. If you need to renew your item further you must bring it to the circulation desk for assistance.
- If you are on a public computer please LOG OUT. You will see the phrase "You are currently logged into the Huntington University Library Catalog. You must LOG OUT to Exit." Click on LOG OUT and then GO.
Two-week check-out late fees are 15 cents per day up to the cost of the book and processing fees.
- Current periodical issues: $1.00 per day
- 3-day periodical issues: $1.00 per day
- Bound periodicals: 50 cents per day
- Popular DVD Fines: 75 cents per day
Hourly Reserves: 50 cents per hour
Other Reserves: $1.00 per day
Items taken from the library without permission: $25.00 per item
Cost of replacement plus a $10.00 processing fee
For Assistance with any of these items, please contact the Circulation Coordinator by email or at extension 4054.
To have an admissions counselor contact you, please fill out this form!