Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling; Director of Clinical Experiences
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 1981.
Dr. Jerry Davis teaches in the graduate counseling program. He is served by many years of experience, including 37 years of private practice counseling and 25 years of clinical supervision. His ongoing relationship with the University dates back to his time teaching in 1981, when the University was still Huntington College.
Dr. Davis has been married to his college sweetheart (Debra) for 43 years, has 3 married children and 16 grandchildren. He enjoys all sports, (especially golf), dating his wife, playing with grandkids, 1960s and 1970s rock, classic “twangy” country music, and blues.
- PhD in counseling and development, personal counseling track from Purdue University
- Master of Education in counselor education from Millersville University
- Bachelor of Science in Bible and Christian education from Lancaster Bible College
- Professor of Counseling and Director of the Graduate Counseling Program, Huntington University
- Clinical Programs Manager, Parkview Behavioral Health
- Professor of Counseling and Chair of the Graduate Counseling Department, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Clinical Director, LifeSpring Counseling Center
- Psychotherapist, Psychiatric Services
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Huntington College
- Visiting Lecturer, Purdue University
- Group Facilitator, Department of Public Welfare, Huntington, IN
- “Understanding Transference and Countertransference,” Fellowship of Christian Counselors, June 14, 2019
- “Introduction to Internal Family Systems,” webinar for Compass Rose Academy, December 12, 2018
- “Erikson’s psychosocial stages with implications for patient care,” Parkview Behavioral Heath, December 20, 2017
- “Sternberg’s triangular theory of love, 5 languages of apology, and forgiveness,” Wabash Friends Counseling Center, February 17 & 18, 2017
- “Working with your client’s defenses,” Fellowship of Christian Counselors, May 13, 2016
- Fellowship of Christian Counselors, board member
- Lutheran Foundation, task force for church and mental health