Hello! I’m your admissions counselor, Tim LaRue. I am an HU alumnus, and I look forward to working with you through the process of becoming a fellow member of the Forester Nation.
I love HU because of the community. We are just the right size for you to get to know most people you encounter, and some of my favorite HU moments came from my community in Wright Hall. As a student, I made friends that will last a lifetime, and my professors personally invested in my life. These relationships encouraged me in my faith and reminded me that we are all trying to love Jesus a little bit more every day.
A few fun facts about me:
- I majored in Christian ministries and minored in business management
- I have lived on two continents
- One of my best HU memories is playing tackle football in the snow with around 20 guys from my residence hall
- My favorite Olympiad events at HU are air band and volleyball
- Pickleball and young adult ministry are two of my go-to pastimes