Christ.  Scholarship.  Service.

Academic Resources

In the midst of the newness of Huntington University—the freedom, a roommate, new friendships, the absence of mom’s home-cooked meals, stressful anticipation of the unknown—it is easy to loose sight that HU is an institution of higher education. Your primary goal here is to gain a quality education. We will be walking beside you for the next four years, so be sure to seek out the necessary wisdom and guidance, but know that you are ultimately responsible for your education. Make the most of it!

Adding/Dropping a Class

To add or drop a class after the semester begins, you must complete a Course Drop/Add Form, have it signed by your advisor and return the signed form to the Registrar’s Office by 5:00 p.m. on September 2. A class that is dropped will not appear on your academic transcript.

To withdraw from a course after the final day for change of registration (September 2), you must complete an electronic Individual Course Withdrawal Form (located on the student portal) and submit it electronically for your advisor’s approval. When you withdraw from a class, you receive a grade of W. This W will appear on your transcript but does not factor into your GPA. The final day to withdraw from a class during the fall semester 2016 is November 9.

To add a course after the final day for change of registration, you must complete a Petition Form. The Petition Form must be signed by your advisor and returned to the Registrar’s Office. It will be taken to the Academic Concerns Committee for their approval.

Note: Any time you drop below full-time status as a result of dropping or withdrawing from a course, you should first clear it with Jerry W. Davis (Director of Financial Aid) to see how your financial aid might be affected.

Note for athletes: Anytime you drop or withdraw from a course, be sure to check with Sarah Harvey in the Registrar’s Office to ensure your athletic eligibility. NAIA has specific guidelines established regarding the number of credit hours an athlete must earn per semester.

Note for International Student: Anytime you drop or withdraw from a course, be sure to check with Margaret Pasko in the Office of Student Life to ensure your F1 status is still valid. SEVIS (INS) has specific guidelines established regarding the number of credit hours an international student must earn per semester to keep F1 status.

RichLyn Library

RichLyn Library offers a host of resources, including databases, journals, articles, and more. 

Using the HU Catalog

The catalog is an amazing resource because it is full of useful information regarding your major and classes. Detailed knowledge about each academic program offered at HU is the apparent benefit of making an HU catalog one of your best friends. 

The Academic Dean

The Office of the Academic Dean is located on the first floor of the Becker Administration Building. The Dean overseas all academic matters, enjoys meeting students, and is available to talk with students about any academic concerns.


Textbooks (new, used and rentals), Bibles, reference books, paperback books and student supplies may be obtained in the Follett Bookstore. VISA, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and personal checks are accepted. It is located in the lower HUB.

Office of Student Success

Scott Raymond, the executive director of the Office of Student Success, located in the basement of Wright Hall, is responsible for initiating a college-wide collaborative effort that helps students succeed, excel, persist and graduate through a variety of strategies, plans, options, resolutions and troubleshooting efforts. 

Career Services

Martha Smith is the director of Career Services, located on the upper level of the HUB. Services include career counseling, career resource library and a variety of career tools, instruments and assessments. 

Academic Center for Excellence

Erica Marshall is the director of the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE), located on the second floor of RichLyn Library. ACE provides services that are designed to help students achieve academic success. Services (offered at no cost to students) include peer tutoring, academic counseling, the Writing Center, educational resources and assistance for students with disabilities. Opportunities to take CLEP and DSST standardized exams also are offered to earn credit for additional fees.

Disability Services

Erica Marshall is the coordinator of Disability Services. Any student who has a disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities who would benefit from accommodations to be more successful on campus should contact Kris to ask questions and discuss available services.

Enterprise Resource Center (ERC)

Kay Schwob is the ERC director and works with students interested in finding internships, job shadows and practicums within the area. 

Horizon Leadership

Jesse Brown is the director of the Horizon Program with his office located in the Student Life Office on the second floor of the HUB. Students enrolled in the program and new to Huntington University will find helpful resources and answers to questions as they transition into life at the university level.