A Career in Social Work
Social work is a career for people focused on meeting the needs of others and serving their community. A social worker is a natural helper with a strong ethical code, which they use to help meet the basic needs of others and improve their life. The world needs compassionate and passionate social workers.
The good news is that the job market is growing for those who are licensed in social work. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be a 19% increase in social work careers between 2012 and 2022. And according to the Social Work Degree Center, the average income for a social worker is $53,000. There has never been a better time to take the next step in your social work career!
So what can you do with a degree in social work? Possible career paths include:
- Social worker
- Social and human service assistants
- Youth and family services
- Clinical social work
- Social and community service managers
- Marriage and family therapy
- Substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors
- Mental health counselors
- Rehabilitation counselors
- School and career counselors
- Psychiatric assistants or aides
- Psychologist or Psychologist
- School psychologist and much more!
Huntington University offers an accredited social work program that is strong in personal values, experiential learning and includes a field placement.