Search
Christ. Scholarship. Service.

Forester golf finishes 5th at Pure Michigan Invitational

Home / News / Forester golf finishes 5th at Pure Michigan Invitational

ADA, Mich. - The HU women’s golf team posted a 762 at the Pure Michigan Invitational hosted by Grace College to finish 5th out of six teams. The Foresters fired a 369 on Tuesday and followed up with a 393 on Wednesday at the two-day event at Quail Ridge Golf Club.   

Betsy Schroeder shots a 25-over-par 169 (82, 87) to claim 5th overall out of 38 golfers on a tough Quail Ridge course. Alexandria Maris finished second for the Foresters with a 189 (90, 99) good for 19th place.

Sophie Frazier (102-99--201) and Megan Higgins (95-108--203) shot within two strokes of each other to slide in at 28th and 29th respectively. Rounding out the scoring for Sholund’s squad was Alayna Steely with a 219 (104, 115) for the 34th spot.

“The scores don’t really show how well the team fought today,” said Sholund. “This was a tough course in which an errant shot can cost you more than just a shot. I thought that we played about 80% of the holes really well, the other 20% hurt quite a bit.

“This was a great opportunity for us to talk about the decisions we make and the importance of making the right ones. It was a good tournament for learning and seeing where our strengths are, setting us up to have a good eight-day time frame to prepare for our next event.”

IU East dominated the field with a 661 followed by Indiana Tech (685), grace (685), Spring Arbor (735), HU (762) and Cornerstone (813).

The Huntington University Foresters compete in 17 intercollegiate sports for men and women. In the past decade, Huntington has produced 38 NAIA All-America honors and 274 All-America Scholar Athlete honors. Huntington University is a comprehensive Christian college of the liberal arts offering graduate and undergraduate programs in more than 70 academic concentrations. U.S. News & World Report ranks Huntington among the best colleges in the Midwest.