Nursing Career Academy
Calling all high school students interested in NURSING!
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to study nursing and become a nurse someday, this is the academy for you. This five-day up-close look at nursing will give you experience with the equipment, techniques, and heart of the nursing profession. You’ll learn from and work closely with amazing Huntington University Department of Nursing faculty and immediately apply what you’ve learned in the lab and in the field.
High school students interested in earning college credit this summer have an opportunity to do just that at HU’s Nursing Academy! To learn more, contact Professor Nancy Richison at email@example.com.
What you'll learn during Nursing Academy
Things to look forward to ...
- Intro Nursing Fun!
- Hand hygiene
- Denture Care
- Oral care of the patient
- Shampooing patients
- Shaving patients
- Foot Care
- Caring for hearing aids
- Eye care
- Turning, logrolling, and moving patients
- Patient transfers – bed to bed, bed to chair, bed to cart
- Ambulating patients and gait belt use
- Making occupied beds
- Bed baths
- Measuring blood pressure
- Assessing pulse and respirations
- Nursing Skills Stuff!
- Intro to Injections
- Wounds & dressings
- Tubes and drains
- Crutches, walkers and canes
- And More! For example...
- Hands on interaction with our High Fidelity Nursing Simulation mannequins
- Open Lab Practice Hours in the Evenings – practice the skills learned throughout the day
When: June 20-24, 2022
Where: Huntington University, Huntington, Indiana
Connect with Us!
Stay tuned to what's happening in HU's Nursing Department!