Huntington University Theatre Company presents Fuente Ovejuna by Lope de Vega, translated by Adrian Mitchell, directed by Adam Sahli.
November 13 at 7:30 p.m., November 14 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Performed in the Merillat Centre for the Arts - Zurcher Auditorium.
One of the best-known Spanish Golden Age plays comes to the HU stage! When a small town becomes fed up with the tyranny and abuse of a brutal military commander, they decide to take matters into their own hands. When an inquisitor comes to investigate the uprising, the townspeople display a show of solidarity that gains the attention of even King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, causing them to view the responsibility of leaders from a new perspective.
- In-person: Tickets to see this production in person are available only to current HU students, faculty and staff.
- All seats are physically distanced, so unfortunately we cannot seat parties together; however, once you are in your seat, you are not required to wear a mask until you leave your seat again.
- In-person tickets are $5 each and are only available by visiting the box office in the MCA or by calling the box office at (260) 359-4261
- Live stream:
- Each production will be streamed live.
- Tickets to view a live stream of the production are $13 and may be purchased when made available.
Fuente Ovejuna (Mitchell) is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc.
Due to language, mild violence, and thematic elements, this production is recommended for ages 14+.
The study of theatre is more than a desire for the spotlight; it's a calling to breathe life into character. Ready to dive in?
Purchase tickets to see in person
Tickets to see this production in person are available only to current HU students, faculty and staff and can be purchased through the Box Office at (260) 259-4261.
Purchase Tickets for Live Stream
Tickets to view the live stream will be made available to purchase online.