Huntington University Theatre Company presents Silent Sky by Lauren Gunderson, directed by Ryan Long.
October 9-10 at 7:30 p.m., October 10 at 2:00 p.m. Performed in the Merillat Centre for the Arts - Zurcher Auditorium and streamed live online.
This powerful play tells the story of Henrietta Leavitt and a group of other female astronomers who worked as human “computers” at the Harvard Observatory in the early 1900s. Despite not being allowed to touch a telescope and discouraged from expressing any original ideas, Leavitt works diligently toward a breakthrough in measuring stars. Along the way, she struggles to make similar breakthroughs in her relationships and family life. Based on the amazing true story, this play shows how one woman can cause an entire galaxy to be looked at from a new perspective.
- In-person: Tickets to see this production in person are available only to current HU students, faculty and staff.
- All seats are physically distanced, so, unfortunately, we cannot seat parties together; however, once you are in your seat, you are not required to wear a mask until you leave your seat again.
- In-person tickets are $5 each and are only available by visiting the box office in the MCA or by calling the box office at (260) 359-4261
- There will be NO in-person tickets for the Saturday afternoon matinee. That performance is streaming only.
- Live stream:
- Each production will be streamed live.
- There is a limit of 200 viewers per production.
- Tickets to view a live stream of the production are $13 and may be purchased at ShowTix4U.
Silent Sky is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York. This production runs approximately 1 hour 45 minutes, including one 15-minute intermission.
Due to show length, themes, and mild language, we recommend this production for ages 10+.
The study of theatre is more than a desire for the spotlight; it's a calling to breathe life into character. Ready to dive in?
Purchase Tickets for In Person Show
Tickets to see this production in person are available only to current HU students, faculty and staff and can be purchased through the Box Office at (260) 359-4261.
Purchase Tickets to View Live Stream
This production will be streamed live and you can purchase your tickets online.