Like Huntington University on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
Creating an HU Social Media Account
There is a vetting process that we ask faculty/staff/students to go through prior to creating a social media account. In order to receive clearance to start a new social media account, here are the steps:
- Review the Social Media Policy
- Create a Strategic Plan – This plan would answer questions like, What is the goal of the account? How does this page further the mission of office/group?
- Create a Tentative Posting Schedule – This gives an outline of content for the page, ideally for 3-6 months. This is more than saying that you plan to post about upcoming events, student achievements, and articles relating to your topic, this is where you create a content calendar that explains your vision for your account.
- List Your Target Audience – Who do you plan to reach with your page.
- List Your Administrative Plan – Who is in charge of creating content and posting content regularly? Who is the back-up person? If any of those individuals are students, what is the succession plan when the student graduates?
- Create Goals – In order to determine whether a page is succeeding, goal must be set. This can be in terms of followers or follower interaction, but we need your set six-month and one-year goals.
Once compiled, please send this information to email@example.com.
To have an admissions counselor contact you, please fill out this form!