Do you love to read and discuss literature with interesting, passionate people? You may be an English major.
Do you love to express yourself through writing, artistic expression, and critical thinking? You may be an English major.
At Huntington University, the size of classes as well as the mission of the college allows for considerable individual interaction between faculty and students.
As an English major you will benefit from:
- English Department scholarships
- Small class sizes
- Discussions with fellow English majors and English Department faculty
- Participation in professional conferences that feature student and faculty research and writing
- Opportunities to publish original work
- Ictus, the departmental literary magazine featuring student writing
- Internships in a variety of fields
- Membership in Sigma Tau Delta International
English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta recognizes outstanding English majors and offers a yearly scholarship conference.
- Field trips opportunities to regional theatrical productions, lectures by renowned writers, and a prison Shakespeare program.
At Huntington University, you will study American, British, and World literature as well as poetry and fiction and nonfiction writing.
The English Department offers two Bachelor of Arts degree program:
The Bachelor of Science in English Education for those interested in teaching.