HUNTINGTON, IN JANUARY 3, 1997 -- Eleven Huntington College students will conduct missions work in Uganda during January Term. The class will minister cross-culturally by repairing a church building, producing dramas for an orphanage, visiting schools with music and mime productions, and participating in worship services and medical crusades in remote villages.
Participating students include:
- Melanie Baldwin of Fayetteville, Pennsylvania. Baldwin is a Huntington College freshman pursuing a degree in educational ministries.
- Anne Barranco of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Barranco is a senior elementary education major.
- Rebekah Brown of Bluffton, Indiana. Brown is a sophomore seeking a degree in psychology.
- Alisia Chandler of Crown Point, Indiana. Chandler is a sophomore educational ministries major.
- Beau Dowden of Huntington, Indiana. Dowden is a junior biology major.
- Daniel Herring of Keystone, Indiana. Herring is a freshman pursuing a degree in educational ministries.
- Brett Eberly of North Manchester, Indiana. Eberly is a freshman seeking a degree in computer science.
- Lindsay Motta of Rochester, Massachusetts. Motta is a sophomore pre-med major.
- Rick Rhynard of Alpena, Michigan. Rhynard is a freshman pursuing a degree in business management.
- Kathy Smith of Twelve Mile, Indiana. Smith is a senior sociology major.
- Aimee Wilson of Keyser, West Virginia. Wilson is a sophomore studying elementary education.
The trip will be led by Kurt and Heidi Stout of North Manchester, Indiana.
The Uganda trip is one of many intensive service-learning opportunities available at Huntington College during January Term. Other HC students will visit Indian reservations in the American west, while others will travel to Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, or Ecuador. Additional January Term courses will take Huntington College students to Hollywood, England, and Italy.
Huntington College was founded in 1897 to "equip men and women to impact our world for Christ." The liberal arts school is located on a contemporary, wooded campus in Huntington, Indiana.
# # #