HUNTINGTON, Ind. - After several disappointing losses in Crossroads play, the Foresters bounced with an impressive 9-0 win over Bethel College Thursday afternoon to log their fourth win in conference play.
Both teams entered the season having lost significant experience from last year with HU losing five of its top seven players while the Pilots lost its top six players but it was the Foresters’ youthfulness that prevailed in convincing fashion.
The Foresters gave up only one set in doubles play before sweeping singles action in straight sets.
With this win, HU improves to 5-6 overall, 4-4 in Crossroads play.
1. Vlad Khudziy (HU) def. Ethan Turner (BC) 6-3, 6-0
2. Jose Hungria (HU) def. Rafael Barreto (BC) 6-3, 6-3
3. Joseph Straznicky (HU) def. Mason Heller (BC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Diego Inurritegui (HU) def. Kevin Kirkland (BC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Zakk Sparks (HU) def. Gavin McGrath (BC) 6-0, 6-2
6. Arjun Bhalla (HU) def. Luke Hoffman (BC) 6-3, 6-4
1. Khudziy/Hungria (HU) def. Turner/Barreto (BC) 8-1
2. Straznicky/Inurritegui (HU) def. Heller/Kirkland (BC) 8-0
3. Sparks/Jacob Cross (HU) def. McGrath/Kyle Hanby (BC) 8-0