HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The HU men’s tennis team closed out its fall season Wednesday afternoon with a 6-3 loss to the visiting Dragons of Tiffin University.
Despite playing with a shuffled line-up, the Foresters managed to earn wins at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles to jump out to an early 2-1 lead but singles proved to be all Tiffin as they claimed five of the six wins to notch the victory.
Joseph Straznicky and Jose Hungria teamed up in doubles to register an 8-4 win over Robbie Ball and Agustin Mangone at the #1 spot. Diego Inurritegui and Zakk Sparks won by an identical score at No. 2 doubles over Brandon Fruits and Jordan Simon-Chopard.
Hungria went on to account for HU’s only other win by polishing off Nicholas Almeida 6-4, 7-6 at No. 4 singles.
Huntington wraps up the fall portion of their season with an overall record of 11-4.
1. Agustin Mangone (TU) def. Joseph Straznicky (HU) 1-6, 7-5 (10-4)
2. Robbie Ball (TU) def. Diego Inurritegui (HU) 6-3, 7-6
3. Jordan Simon-Chopard (TU) def. Joe Brenneman (HU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Jose Hungria (HU) def. Nicholas Almeida (TU) 6-4, 7-6
5. Victor Fernandes (TU) def. Jake Cross (HU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Craig Martin (TU) def. Matthew Wilcox (HU) 6-3, 6-0
1. Straznicky/Hungria (HU) def. Ball/Mangone (TU) 8-4
2. Inurritegui/Zakk Sparks (HU) def. Fruits/Simon-Chopard (TU) 8-4
3. Almeida/Chalin Cahlik (TU) def. Vlad Khudziy/Brenneman (HU) 8-6