Assistant Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 2022.
Chase McKinney serves as an assistant professor for the Master of Arts in clinical mental health counseling degree program at Huntington University. He specializes in marriage and family counseling. Chase recognizes the power of creativity not only in the clinical setting but also in the classroom, and he sees his partnership with students on their counseling journey at HU as a privilege. He enjoys seeing students grow as individuals called of God, not just as counselors.
Chase firmly believes what Genesis 2:18 states so clearly, that “it is not good for man to be alone.” Relationships are of great importance to him and guide him in his work inside and outside the classroom with his students and colleagues.
Originally from Azle, Texas, where he currently resides with his family, Chase enjoys Star Trek and science fiction, camping, woodburning, running, and landscape photography.
- PhD in counselor education and supervision; Regent University
- Master of Arts in Biblical counseling; Dallas Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Arts in political science; University of Michigan
- Owner and therapist of the The Red Arrow Group, PLLC
- Began his career in nonprofit management before transitioning to counseling
- His counseling career has included a variety of settings, including a homeless shelter, residential treatment, nonprofits, and private practice
Certifications and Awards:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – Texas
- Certified Facilitator, MarriageStrong
- Certified Facilitator, Prepare/Enrich
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS)
- The Association for Creativity in Counseling (ACC)
- Texas Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (TACES)
- Texas Counseling Association (TCA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES)
- Chi Sigma Iota (CSI)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)