- Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
- Occupational Therapy - Adjunct Faculty
- Occupational Therapy Faculty
- Graduate Counseling - Adjunct Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty - Institute for TESOL Studies
- Adjunct Faculty for Digital Media Arts - Arizona
Click to download Faculty Application in PDF format. Must be included with application material.
Click to download Graduate Assistantship Application in PDF format. Must be included with application material.
Click to download Staff application in PDF format. Must be included with application material.
Click to download Supplemental Application for Resident Directors in PDF format.
Click to download Mission, Faith, Philosophy, Community booklet in PDF format.
Huntington University seeks to fill the full time position of Development Officer. The officer is primarily responsible for the discovery, cultivation and solicitation of major donors. The officer will work with the president, vice president, and other advancement staff to formulate and implement strategic approaches for the development of major donors.
1. Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ
2. 3 years’ experience in fund raising, sales or goal-oriented environment is preferred
3. Demonstrated understanding of—and commitment to—Christian higher education
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred
5. Flexibility to travel a minimum of 3 days per week (i.e., 60%)
6. Good organization and time management skills
7. Positive interpersonal skills and a team player
8. Familiar with use of database programs
9. Commitment to continuous process improvement
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and Staff Application (found above) to Human Resources, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.A full job description can also be found here.
POSITION TITLE: Graduate Assistant for the Office of Student Success
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Student Success
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This individual will work in collaboration with the Executive Director in the one-on-one identification and intervention with students experiencing difficulties negatively impacting their college success and graduation.
- A strong personal faith in Jesus Christ, a strong desire to serve others and a commitment to being a faithful steward of university resources.
- A proactive ability to be present where students are; a relentless gentleness, pursuing those who avoid, engaging those who disengage, and convincing those who are tired, bored, cynical or skeptical of hope.
- Assertive advocacy that loves and leads through, around, over or under difficulties.
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, self-disciplined and a team player.
- Full-time (6-12 credit hrs) student in the Graduate Counseling Program.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of students.
- Willing to follow supervision but creative and disciplined to be a self-starter, self-manager.
- Serve 15 hours per week on the traditional undergraduate calendar.
- Reinforce the faculty-student relationships that cultivate strong core academic conduct, behavior and performance.
- Connect students with academic support and student life resources, (i.e. counseling, tutoring, time management, etc.) and then ensure a growing habit of use and progress.
- Persist with students in transition by emboldening or empowering them to greater degrees of success, responsibility, follow-through, intentionality and confidence.
- Be present with undergraduate students, as appropriate.
- During the academic year, the GA would work directly with the Exec. Dir. on a weekly basis to identify and assist students in transition, therein generating options and solutions that efficiently and effectively solve problems and generate success.
- Work in collaboration with the Exec. Dir. Of Student Success and the Residence Life Team to provide support services for identified groups that struggle to succeed at HU.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Exec. Dir. of Student Success.
- Participate in Enrollment Management and Student Development meetings and functions when called upon and as time allows.
The Department of Kinesiology at Huntington University invites applicants for a tenure-track position in Exercise Science beginning Fall 2018. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to 1) teach courses such as structural kinesiology and biomechanics, motor behavior, wellness for life, sport/exercise psychology, health and fitness, and possible other courses in Kinesiology; 2) contribute to the department’s mission in the core curriculum; and 3) advise and mentor students on curricular and post-graduate options. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an active program of scholarship with students and will have the opportunity to shape the direction of the programs and department, so an individual with vision and passion for the future is highly desired. Huntington University is a Christian university and seeks applicants committed to its evangelical Christian mission.
The Department offers degrees in Exercise & Movement Science, Sport & Exercise Studies, Pre-Athletic Training, and Occupational Therapy Assistant. A doctoral degree in an exercise science-related field is required. Doctoral candidates close to completion will be considered—a doctorate is required for receiving tenure. One or more certifications from ACSM, NSCA, ACE, and/or other exercise/health organization preferred. For more information see:https://www.huntington.edu/kinesiology
Benefits include TIAA, medical, life and disability insurance, and traditional undergraduate tuition remission for dependents. Huntington University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority candidates are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, application form (found above), and the names and contact information for three references should be sent to email@example.com (email preferred), or mailed to Dr. Michael Wanous, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty, Huntington University, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750. Review of applicants will begin on October 6th, 2017, and continue until the position is filled.
Huntington University seeks part-time bus drivers for a 35 passenger bus. This position is responsible for transporting students, staff, coaches, and passengers safely to and from their destination in the established times and in all types of weather and road conditions. Observe legal, safe, and defensive driving practices.
- Must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ, a desire to serve others and a commitment to being a faithful steward of university resources
- Must have a “clean” driving record
- Have sufficient physical and mental abilities to operate a school bus/van in a safe manner
- Must be narcotic drug and alcohol free
- Professional driving experience preferred
- This is a part-time, on call position
- Minimum age of 25 years
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s with passenger endorsement
To apply, send resume/staff application to Huntington University, Attn: Human Resource Office, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington IN 46750 or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.orgA full job description can also be found here.
Huntington University’s Entry Level Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program is inviting applications for adjunct faculty with relevant clinical or research expertise across the spectrum of OT practice.
Successful applicants must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and an understanding of the relationship of integration of faith and professional practice. Personal commitment to stewardship and a desire to serve others with compassion is expected. The individual must be licensed by the state of Indiana as an occupational therapist and hold a degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate) awarded by an institution that is accredited by an USDE-recognized regional accrediting body. Evidence of clinical practice and research activities in professional health care organizations and the ability to work successfully with a broad range of organizations is desired. Demonstrated organizational network, strong interpersonal, and effective communication skills are needed to be successful.
Schedule and workload are flexible to meet the needs of active clinicians with an interest in teaching/academia. Support and collaboration with content development and delivery will be provided by the full-time faculty and program director.
Curriculum vitae (with Indiana state OT licensure # noted), references, and a completed Faculty Application form (found above) should be addressed to:
Human Resource Office
2303 College Avenue
Huntington, Indiana 46750
Or email information to email@example.com or fax (260) 359-4086
Huntington University’s Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program is inviting applications for full time, tenure track faculty positions (2) to begin in academic year 2018-2019.
Successful applicants must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and an understanding of the integration of faith and professional practice. The individual must be a licensed occupational therapist with a post-professional degree (OTD, PhD) or hold a PhD in a related field. Candidates with an entry-level doctorate (OTD) and evidence of scholarly activity will also be considered. Applicants should have demonstrated successful teaching and clinical experience with expertise in assistive technology, psychosocial practice, neuroscience, and/or research preferred. The ideal candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to operate as part of a dynamic, driven team with high standards for academic excellence.
Huntington’s OTD program is located on the campus of Parkview Randallia Medical Center in nearby Fort Wayne. Immersion within the largest health care system in NE Indiana provides unique opportunities for research, collaboration and practice for students and faculty members. Low cost-of-living and centralized location in the Midwest offer diverse opportunities for personal and professional pursuits. The OTD program is fully accredited, receiving a 7 year accreditation status by ACOTE in April 2016.
Letters of interest with a completed Faculty Application form (found above), curriculum vitae and references may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntington University, in its employment practices, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, or national origin. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Huntington University Graduate Counseling Program is seeking adjunct faculty for the following courses:
CN601 Human Growth and Development Taught on our Fort Wayne campus
CN602 Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues Taught on our Huntington campus
CN604 Theory and Practice of Assessment Taught on our Huntington campus
These classes will be taught from mid-January until late April, 2017. Prior experience in the field of counseling is essential. This position will involve teaching in the classroom setting, and includes grading of student assignments, and being available for student interaction outside of the classroom.
Potential faculty must hold at least a master’s degree in counseling or a related mental health discipline, from an accredited institution. An earned doctorate, an Indiana license (LCSW, LMFT, or LMHC), and previous teaching experience is preferred. Offers of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory background checks and educational credential verification. Huntington University is an equal opportunity employer. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
A letter of interest with a resume should be sent to Julie Goetz, Director of Graduate & Professional Programs, Huntington University, 2303 College Ave., Huntington, IN 46750 or attached to an email: email@example.com
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Huntington University’s Institute for TESOL Studies (ITS) is seeking adjunct faculty members for both on-site and online undergraduate and graduate level TESOL courses. Instructors are needed for TESOL certification courses as well as courses within the Master of Education in TESOL Education degree program. Prior teaching and practical experience with English Language learners is essential.
Minimum of a master’s degree in TESOL or related field, doctorate preferred
Experience teaching English language learners
Experience teaching or training pre-service or current teachers
Experience teaching online and familiarity with online learning management systems Supportive of a Christian faith environment and to faith-learning integration
A letter of interest with a résumé should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Huntington University’s new Arizona Center for Digital Media Arts is seeking adjunct faculty members for a variety of courses in bachelor’s degree programs in Film Production, Broadcast Fusion Media and Graphic Design. Prior teaching and practical experience in the arts is essential. This position requires teaching at the Center in Peoria Arizona during fall, spring or summer terms.
- MFA, related Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree preferred; minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, media or design required.
- Teaching experience and demonstrated potential for college-level teaching
- Successful employment experience in relevant fields
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Supportive of a Christian faith environment and the University’s educational goals
Huntington University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts university of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ. The University’s home campus in Indiana has approximately 1200 students, 62 faculty, and is a member of the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Positions in Peoria are available for Fall 2016, starting August 29. Huntington University, in its employment practices, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, or national origin. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
A letter of interest with a résumé should be sent to email@example.com. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.