Academic Fieldwork Coordinator in Arizona
Chelsey Edwards, OTD, OTR/L, CLT is the Academic Fieldwork Coordinator for the Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) program in Peoria, Arizona. She has eight years of full-time practice as an occupational therapist and four years of working as a certified lymphedema therapist. She has experience in working with pediatrics, adult, and geriatric clients. She has worked in a variety of settings, including acute rehab, skilled nursing, pediatric sensory integration, home health, and outpatient lymphedema therapy. She has a variety of experience in multidisciplinary care and education, including program development.
Dr. Edwards completed her initial occupational therapy education by obtaining her master’s degree from the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND. She then went on to obtain her post-professional occupational therapy doctorate (PP-OTD) from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions in Provo, UT. Here, she completed her doctoral capstone on best practice in fieldwork, which supports her in her role as the Academic Fieldwork Coordinator for HUAZ.
Dr. Edwards is committed to the Christian mission of Huntington University and looks forward to participating in future mission trips and growing the OTD program in faith and service.
- Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions
- Master of Occupational Therapy, University of North Dakota
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) registered therapist
- Doctoral capstone project on best practice in fieldwork