Assistant Professor of English
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 2023.
Dr. Jeremiah Davis is an assistant professor of English in the Department of English at Huntington University. His research is most interested in how theology and philosophy can intersect in literary texts, particularly texts from 20th century American literature.
Through his goal-centered pedagogy, Jeremiah’s hope is to help students better appreciate how literature can help us personally appropriate the True, the Good, and the Beautiful.
Originally hailing from Bloomington, Minnesota, Jeremiah currently lives in Huntington, where he enjoys reading, visiting art museums, gardening, and going for long walks with his wife.
- PhD from the University of South Dakota
- Master of Arts degree from the University of Saint Thomas
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Saint Cloud State University
- Taught English in Chengdu, China, for two years
- Teaching assistant at the University of South Dakota for four years
- 2021-2022 University of South Dakota Graduate Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2020-2021 University of South Dakota, Department of English, Emily Haddad Graduate Student Teaching Award
- Modern Language Association
- Steinbeck Society
- Soren Kierkegaard Society USA