Joined the Huntington University faculty in 2021.
Dr. Jill Linder teaches in the Doctoral Program in Occupational Therapy in Fort Wayne, Indiana. In addition to teaching neuroscience, pathophysiological influence on occupation, and professional competency, she is a student advisor and a capstone faculty mentor. Dr. Linder is a patient-focused occupational therapist with extensive knowledge and experience in neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation. She is also skilled in delivering quality care to geriatric, adult, and pediatric patient populations.
As an experienced academic and reseracher, Dr. Linder’s goal is to further her knowledge in neuroscience and neurological rehabilitation and share her expertise with future occupational therapy clinicians.
Dr. Linder lives in Fort Wayne, her hometown. She enjoys spending time with her husband and family and traveling.
- Doctor of Health Science, University of Indianapolis
- Master of Health Science (orthopedic track), University of Indianapolis
- Bachelor of Science in occupational therapy, Eastern Michigan University
- Occupational therapist, Parkview Rehab Outpatient Clinic, since 2005
- Occupational therapist, Turnstone Center for Disabled Children and Adults, 7 years
- Completed coursework in neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation while obtaining her Master of Health Science degree
- Completed adult two-week Neuro-Developmental Training (NDT)
- Completed graduate-level courses and continuing education in hand therapy
- Experienced with static and dynamic orthotic fabrication, myoelectric upper extremity prosthesis, Physical Agent Modalities, driving rehabilitation, and quantitative research
- Linder, J. (2020). Factors influencing driving confidence in older adults [Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. University of Indianapolis.
- Linder, J. and Melei, K. (2020). Exploring the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on older adults’ mental health [Unpublished manuscript].
- Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR)
- Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist (CSRS)
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS)