Assistant Professor of Nursing
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 2023.
Kristen Kennedy is an assistant professor of nursing in the Department of Nursing at Huntington University. Prior to becoming full-time faculty in 2023, Kristen had been an adjunct critical care clinical instructor at HU since 2021. She is also a Huntington University nursing alumna.
As an educator, Kristen’s goal is to teach students to become compassionate, empathetic, bold nurses who can change the field of nursing for the better. She has learned from several nurse educators who left a lasting impression and molded her into the nurse that she is, and she is excited about the opportunities she has to do that for her students.
Originally from Monroeville, Indiana, Kristen currently resides with her husband and children in New Haven, where she enjoys watching movies, spending time outside, and cooking.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree, nursing education specialization; Indiana Wesleyan University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree; Huntington University
- Trauma and stroke nursing certifications
- Critical care nurse specializing in stroke, trauma, and surgical critical care from 2017 to 2023 Lutheran Hospital
- Critical care clinical instructor for HU since 2021