Class of 2022
Commencement for graduates in Huntington and Fort Wayne, Indiana, will take place on Saturday, May 14, with ceremonies at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. All ceremonies will be held at the Merillat Centre for the Arts (520 Lake Street, Huntington, Indiana).
Tickets are required and will be made available to graduates shortly. Each graduate will receive seven tickets for their guests. In the meantime, if you have questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (260) 359-4011.
Indiana Campus Details
Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 14, 2022, in the Merillat Centre for the Arts in Zurcher Auditorium (520 Lake Street, Huntington, Indiana 46750). Ceremonies will start at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Ceremony times are assigned by degree or major area of study. Please confirm with your graduate for the assigned time.
Ceremonies will start at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Ceremony times are assigned by degree or major area of study. Please confirm with your graduate for the assigned time.
To view the live stream of a ceremony, click on the event name.
Traditional undergrad students: pick up your cap & gown and tickets on Monday, May 2 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and Tuesday, May 3 from 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor of the HUB. If you cannot make it during these times, please contact Kay Schwob at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate pickup time.
OTD grads: The Doctoral Program in Occupational Therapy faculty and staff will have your items ready for you at your hooding ceremony on May 13.
HU Arizona grads: HU Arizona faculty and staff will distribute your items to you.
Graduate students: pick up your cap and gown on May 14, at the reception outside of the Graduate & Online office in Loew-Brenn beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Online/professional programs students: receive your cap & gown on May 14 in the MCA at 8:30 a.m. before 9:00 a.m. commencement.
Please review Imporant Student Intructions for May 2022 Commencement to learn exactly what you need to know as a graduating student at Huntington University! Below is a breif overview.
- Please be prompt. Doors will open 30 minutes before the ceremony for guests of graduating students. Graduates should arrive 30 minutes before the 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. ceremonies and 45 minutes before the 4:00 p.m. ceremony.
- Graduates should check-in at the registration desk in the upper lobby of the MCA to get your line-up number for the processional. Graduates then enter the Gallery to have their official picture taken.
- After the picture is taken, proceed to the lower-level of the MCA. You will exit the building and assemble on the sidewalk between the MCA and DC. See sign posts for Rows A to Row F.
- Students process to the MCA auditorium approximately 5 minutes before the ceremony begins. We will process up the outside sidewalk to the front doors of the MCA.
- The commencement ceremony is formal. Women should wear dark pants or skirts and dark shoes. Men should wear a light shirt and tie, dark trousers and dark shoes. No flip-flops or tennis shoes please.
- Honor cords, stoles, and medallions given by University-recognized groups may be worn. Honor cords (if earned) will be distributed by the Registrar’s office at the registration desk when you check-in.
- Please unpack and hang up or iron your graduation gowns before the ceremony.
- Please silence cell phones.
- Don’t forget the tickets for your guests.
9:00 a.m. Division II: ABLE Program, Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Economics and Finance, Elementary & Middle School Education, Elementary & Special Education, Elementary Education & Teaching English Learners, Entrepreneurial Small Business Management, Management, Marketing, Not-For-Profit Leadership, Psychology, Social Work, Sport Management
11:00 a.m. Division III: Agribusiness, Agricultural Education, Animal Science, Applied Herpetology, Biology, Biology Education, Chemistry, Chemistry Education, Computer Science, Crop Science & Agronomy, Data Analytics, Exercise & Movement Science, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Sport & Exercise Studies
2:00 p.m. Division I, IV, & History: Animation, Bible & Religion, Broadcast Media, Christian Ministries, Digital Design and Communication, English, Film Production, Film Production Capstone, Film Studies, Graphic Design, History, History Education, International & Development Studies, Journalism, Music Business, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Relations, Studio Art, Television Production, Theatre Performance, Theatre Technology, Visual Arts Ed All Grade, Worship Leadership, Youth Ministries
4:00 p.m. Division V: MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MA Mental Health Studies, MA Organizational Leadership, MA Pastoral Leadership, MEd TESOL Education, OTD Occupational Therapy
In the midst of the busyness of Commencement, Senior Sendoff is a place for graduates, families, faculty, and friends to celebrate the Class of 2022 as one big Forester Family.
Senior Sendoff Schedule:
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Instant photo booth open
Cupcakes available to all (free)
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Forest Blend (Starbucks coffee) open
10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
HU Bookstore open
Senior Class photo on the Mall
*The lunch buffet is free for graduates and $8.99 per person for employees and guests.
Keep In Mind
Graduating seniors, we want to stay in touch! You must take an exit survey before picking up your caps, gowns, and gifts. Please select the appropriate survey below:
Mark your place in Alumni Plaza
The deadline to claim your brick in Alumni Brick Plaza in front of Becker Hall is Friday, August 13. You can leave a lasting legacy by transferring your $150 room/security deposit that you paid when you were a freshman to the Alumni Plaza project account to purchase your engraved brick. You will be investing in future Huntington University students since part of that $150 goes toward student scholarships from the Forester Fund!