State Authorization

Huntington University must comply with a state's regulations before any educational activity can occur within that state. Those regulations determine whether HU may offer you a place in a course or program.  The range of educational activities regulated include offering 100% online courses and programs to online and/or campus-based courses that include activities such as internships, externships, field experiences, and clinical placements. 

HU participates in the National Council of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). This allows students from NC-SARA approved states to enroll in our programs. Members of SARA are highlighted in blue on the NC-SARA map.  

Online Courses and Programs

Huntington University's online courses and programs are available to students in all states, with the possible exception of California residents. If you reside or plan to be educated in California, please check with your admissions counselor. The following programs include internships, field experiences, and/or clinical placements. Click on the program below to see how our program meets licensure requirements for each state: