With the availability of computer labs, you are not required to own a computer. However, many students bring their own computers to campus. If you would like to bring your own computer, we have some helpful information below.
Should I buy a desktop or notebook (laptop) computer?
We believe a notebook (laptop) computer will enhance your experience due to added mobility and convenience. However, we still have many students who bring desktops and is perfectly acceptable.
Access to the Internet is provided primarily for academic purposes and e-mail. HU provides a robust wireless network available in all academic and residential areas on campus. Ethernet connections are available only in specific locations.
Minimum Computer Recommendations
- CPU - Intel Core i3 or greater (or AMD equivalent).
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 or Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Memory - 8GB or greater.
- Hard Drive - 250GB or larger.
- Wireless Network Access - A dual band IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless adapter is recommended
- ** Note to Digital Media Arts students: Please refer to the computer recommendations for DMA students found on the Software & Hardware Recommendations page.
What software should I have on my computer?
- Antivirus software - AV Software is required and should be updated on a regular basis. Huntington University recommends and provides free of charge, Sophos Anti Virus. This software is available on both Windows and Mac computers and can be found by clicking here.
- Microsoft Office - Provided free for all students of Huntington University and can be obtained by activating your license at www.office.com/GetOffice365.