HU showcases graduating visual arts majors in Robert E. Wilson Gallery
HUNTINGTON, Ind.- The Huntington University Department of Visual Arts will display the projects and artwork of its graduating graphic design students in the Robert E. Wilson Gallery in the Merillat Centre for the Arts from April 14 through April 26.
The exhibit will include graphic design, web design, photography, painting and ceramic work.
The following seniors will be exhibiting their work:
- Greg Baltes, Troy, Ohio. He created an online portfolio and documented his church with photographs, created a logo and a directory.
- Lindsay Bowman, LaFontaine, Ind. She designed 12 greeting cards.
- Troy Huffman, Angola, Ind. He designed brochures and branded his father's carpentry business, The Carpenter Shop, and created a website.
- Emily Knapp, Pittsboro, Ind. Her work includes a website and posters for a band and fashion illustrated posters.
- Carita Landes, Sheridan, Ind. She has created a logo for her church and large-scale paintings.
- Felicia Pettigrew, Lampe, Mo. She has created a restaurant complete with logo, menu and custom place settings made of ceramics.
- Jacob Shirkey, Bryan, Ohio. He designed a magazine and branded a forensic accountant and created a website.
- Chris Valleskey, Hoffman Estates, Ill. He designed three philosophical posters.
- Aaron Von Lanken, Fort Wayne, Ind. He designed a logo for a skateboard company and also created skateboard designs and infographics.
- Sara Wust, Huntington, Ind. She created an illustrated children's book and painted scenery from Honduras.
An artist reception will be held at 6 p.m. April 16 to honor the seniors. The public is invited to attend.
The Wilson Gallery is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., before and after all Merillat Centre performances and by appointment. The gallery is free and open to the public.