Student Ambassador Program
The Front Line Foresters represent Huntington University at various events on and off campus. They represent the best and brightest of the student body of Huntington University.
- To represent the HU student body to alumni, family and friends of HU
- Express gratitude and appreciation to donors
- Provide meaningful networking opportunities
- Discover and develop who we are as individuals and followers of Christ as it relates to leadership, higher education, fundraising, generosity and gratitude
- Gain an understanding of how the Advancement office operates on a day to day basis and as a larger function of the University
- Grow in effective conversational and interpersonal skills by interacting with staff, faculty, and alumni of the university
- Learn basic philanthropic principles and how that connects to fundraising
- Gain hands on experience working with professionals by collaborating on projects
Student ambassadors for Huntington University exhibit internal gratitude toward God for the gifts and talents that He has given them. They also exhibit external gratitude towards those who have supported and impacted their lives or the lives of others. (James 1:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:18)
The following students are serving as the Front Line Foresters for the 2015-2016 academic year:
Max Troyer, Luke Edward Bates, Samantha Bruns, Krista Wood, Christiana Hicks, Olivia Knispel, Lucas Lengacher, Amy Hetrick, Michael Deter, Zach Herber, Bronwen Fetters, and Edwin Chow.
Senior Michael Deter
I love getting to meet new people, getting to experience some of the behind the scenes roles of the university and to thank donors for the gifts they give to the university. It’s the best job ever!
Senior Lucas Lengacher
Being a Frontline Forester allows for me to show my immense appreciation to the people who make it possible for me to experience the life changing opportunity here at Huntington. I also love it for the connections and relationships that I...
Senior Amy Hetrick
Being a Front Line Forester gives me the chance to meet some awesome people, all of whom love HU!
Junior Olivia Knispel
I am excited to get to know and meet new people, and to be able to brag about how much I love my school and how it has helped me grow my faith. I love being in a position where I can give back to those who gave so generously to me and...
Junior Zach Herber
Being a Front Line Forester means I get to share my wonderful experience as a Forester with HU donors and gain exposure to the way the advancement office works.
Senior Bronwen Fetters
I love Huntington University and what it has meant not only to me but to my family as well. I am excited to get the opportunity to represent HU to our donors and share my experiences with them.
Junior Edwin Chow
I want to personally serve the generous people that allowed me to be further equipped at Huntington University and learn from their servants’ hearts.
Senior Krista Wood
Meet Krista Wood, a senior nursing major from Waterville, Ohio.
Junior Samantha Bruns
Meet Samantha Bruns, a junior social work major from Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Junior Luke Bates
Meet Luke Bates, a junior biology pre-med major from Ohio.
Junior Christiana Hicks
Meet Christiana Hicks, a junior psychology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Junior Max Troyer
Meet Max Troyer, a junior psychology major from Churubusco, Indiana.