In order to be eligible for the Horizon Scholarship, a student must:
- Be from a North American Minority background and be a U.S. citizen
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA and at least a 450 Critical Reading on the SAT or a 19 English on the ACT
- Be able to communicate a basic understanding of the Christian faith and testify to transformation in their life through the power of God
- Be willing to develop as a campus leader and perform community service
Please keep in mind that preference is given to those who have a history of leadership within YFC but involvement in YFC is not required for application. This allows us to honor the history of this program while allowing us to serve other diverse constituencies
Horizon Leadership students are expected to be a member of the Diversity Committee and to participate in the monthly leadership development program developed by the program coordinator in order to help them develop their leadership skills. Students also will be expected to serve YFC, Huntington University, or another NE Indiana organization a minimum of 25 hours per semester. Horizon Leadership students must be available to represent Huntington University for events hosted by Admissions, Advancement, and the President’s Office.
Two full scholarships are awarded in each incoming class. In addition to those, multiple scholarships will be awarded for $5,000 awards that will be added to other institutional awards.
- Be accepted for admission to HU by February 1.
- Apply to the Horizon Leadership Program online.
- Submit their FAFSA by April 15.
- Submit three references online.
- Attend the interview day in February with the committee.
In order to renew a Horizon Leadership Scholarship, students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, submit a community service log by the last day of each semester, and must be in good standing with the Campus Pastor’s and Student Development Offices. Students renewing full scholarships must submit their FAFSA by April 15 each year.