Note: The interview date for this scholarship is February 10, 2024.
In order to be eligible for the Horizon Scholarship, a student must:
- Be from a North American Minority background and be a U.S. citizen
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be able to communicate a basic understanding of the Christian faith and testify to transformation in their life through the power of God
- Be willing to develop as a campus leader and perform community service
- Be a leader in their school, church and/or community (ex: volunteer, mentor, etc.)
Horizon Leadership students are expected to be active in campus leadership groups and to participate in the monthly leadership development program developed by the director of intercultural enrichment in order to help them develop their leadership skills. Students also will be expected to serve Huntington University and/or another NE Indiana organization a minimum of 25 hours per semester. Horizon Leadership students must be available to represent Huntington University for events hosted by Admissions, Advancement, and the President’s Office.
Two full scholarships are awarded in each incoming class. In addition to those, multiple scholarships will be awarded for $5,000 awards that will be added to other institutional awards, up to the full cost of tuition for the academic year. Full scholarship awards cover (but do not exceed) tuition, room, board, and standard fees for the academic year when combined with all other forms of institutional, federal, and state grants and scholarships, but will not cover course fees, miscellaneous costs, or books.
- Be accepted for admission to HU by February 1.
- Apply to the Horizon Leadership Program online.
- Submit their FAFSA by April 15. • Submit two references online (one mentor, one peer).
- Attend the interview day on February 10, 2024 with the committee.
In order to renew a Horizon Leadership Scholarship, students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, submit a community service log by the last day of each semester, and must be in good standing with the Center for Spiritual Formation and Intercultural Enrichment, and Student Development Office. Students renewing full scholarships must submit their FAFSA by April 15 each year.