Team Registration Begins: TBA
Team Registration Ends: TBA
Captain's Meeting: TBA
Opening Night: TBA
Playoffs Begin: TBA
1. The game shall be played between two teams with 8 players (2 girls must start each game). Maximum roster size is 10 players.
2. A team must start with at least 6 players and will be allowed substitutions only in between games or in the case of an injury.
1. The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them “OUT.” This may be done by: a. Hitting an opposing player with a thrown ball below the shoulders, or b. Catching a ball thrown by your opponent before it touches the ground or any other object.
2. If a player catches a live ball (one that has not hit the ground or any other object including players), a player from his/her team will be allowed to reenter the game, in addition to the thrower being out. a. The first player eliminated must form a line on the team bench. If/when a player catches a ball, the first player eliminated will reenter the game. If another ball is caught, the next player in line will be allowed to reenter. Players will be allowed to reenter only with the intramural supervisor’s permission.
3. The game will begin by placing six (6) dodgeballs along the center line. Players will take a position touching their respective back line.
4. The intramural supervisor will count 1, 2, and 3 and then blow the whistle to start the game.
5. When the whistle is blown each team will sprint to the center line to retrieve the balls. To avoid accidents and potential collisions, three balls will be placed on each side of the court. On the initial rush, teams will only be allowed to pick up balls that are on the right side of the center line.
6. Once the balls are retrieved from the center line, they must either be carried or thrown back to the opposing team’s throw line.
7. The first team to legally eliminate all opposing players will be declared the winner.
8. A player may defend him/herself by using another dodgeball. However, if in an attempt to block a throw, a player drops the ball used to defend him/herself, the defending player is out. Once a thrown ball has been contacted by the floor, all, or another ball, the ball is no longer live (anyone hit by a deflected ball is not out).
9. Intentionally deforming or ruining the dodgeballs will not be allowed and that person will be out of the game.
10. Once you pick up a dodgeball you have five seconds to throw it across your throwing line. 11. A seven (7) minute time limit has been established for each game. If neither team has been eliminated at the end of seven (7) minutes, the throwing lines will be removed and players will be allowed to run the entire floor to pursue opponents.
12. Match play will be utilized by the league. Matches will be declared by using the “best of three” format in which the first team to win two (2) games will be determined the winner. A time limit of thirty (30) minutes has been established for tournament play.
1. The playing surface will be between the side lines and base line of the basketball court.
2. The attack lines for the volleyball courts will make up the throw lines for each team. Players may not cross the throw lines for any reason.
3. Players may not leave the court to avoid being hit by a ball. If a player does leave the court to avoid being hit, he/she will be declared out.
1. Rules will be enforced primarily by the “Honor System.” Players will be expected to rule whether or not a hit was good and whether they were legally eliminated.
2. All contests will be supervised by an intramural supervisor. The supervisor’s responsibilities will be to rule on any situation in which teams cannot agree. The supervisor’s decisions are final and should not be questioned.
1. Late arrivals cannot enter the game. The number that you start the game with will be the number that you finish the game with.
2. If excessive force (i.e. throwing the ball at someone’s head intentionally) or unsportsmanlike tactics are used while participating the intramural supervisor can and will eject the involved parties.
This sport is for HU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Every team must submit a roster and the roster is final after the first game of the tournament.
The double elimination tournament schedule will be distributed at the captain’s meeting.
Game balls will be provided by Campus Rec.
All games will be held in the Merillat Complex.
Got questions? Contact Russ Lawson at email@example.com.