Co-Ed Hand Ball
Email the Intramural Office if this Sport interests you and you would like to see a league formed!!
Registration Begins: TBA
Entry Deadline: TBA
Captain Meeting: TBA
Opening Night: TBA
Playoffs begin: TBA
1. Duration of the game consists of two, 20-minute halves played on the Futsal Courts in the FH. Regular season games end in ties. 1st team listed on schedule wears white!
2. There will be one keeper and 5 position players on the court at a time for each team. If a team does not have a female then they must play a man down until the opposing team's girl is off the floor. Can start the game with a minimum of 4 players.
3. Passive play: it is illegal to keep the ball in a team's possession without making a recognizable attempt to attack and effort to score. In other words, a team cannot stall (free-throw awarded to the other team)
4. Scoring: A goal is scored when the entire ball crosses the goal line inside the goal. A goal may be scored from any throw (fee-throw, throw-in, goal-throw). Also, when a Girl scores it is worth two goals.
5. A player is allowed to run with the ball for 3 steps - to hold the ball for 3 seconds - unlimited dribble with 3 steps allowed before and after dribbling (no double dribbling)
A player is not allowed
- to endanger an opponent with the ball
- to pull or punch the ball out of the hands of opponent
7. Defending the opponent: A player is allowed to use the torso of the body to obstruct an opponent with or without the ball. However, using the outstretched arms or legs to obstruct, push, hold, trip or hit is NOT allowed. The attacking player is not allowed to charge into a defensive player.
8. Throw-In: they are awarded when ball goes out of bounds on the sideline or when the ball is last touched by a defensive player (excluding the goalie) and goes out of bounds over the endline. Te throw-in is taken from the spot where the ball crossed the sideline, or endline. the thrower must place one foot on the line to execute the throw. All opposing players must stay 3 meters away from the ball.
9. Free Throw: For a minor foul or violation, a free throw is awarded to the opponent at the exact spot it took place. If the foul or violation occurs between the goal area line and the 9 meter line, the throw is taken from the nearest post outside the 9 meter line. the thrower must keep one foot in contact with the floor, then pass or shoot.
7 Meter Throw: is awarded when...
- A foul destroys a clear chance to score.
- The goalie carries the ball back into his or her own 3 pt. area.
- A court player intentionally plays the ball to her own goalie.
- Inside their own 3 pt. area.
- A defensive player enters their goal area to gain advantage or play the ball.
- All players must be outside the free throw line when the throw is taken. The player taking the throw has 3 seconds to shoot after the referee's whistle. Any player may take the 7 meter throw.
Is awarded when the ball rebounds off the goalkeeper over the endline. The ball is thrown over the endline by the attacking team. The goalie must take the throw inside the goal area and is not restricted by the 3 step/3 second rule.
This sport is for HU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Every team must submit a roster and the roster is final after the first game.
Handball will be provided.
All games will be held in the Merillat Complex.