Games played on Monday nights. Maximum roster size of 6 players
Team Entry Deadline: Jan. 30
Opening Night: Feb. 9
1. Pre-game toss - a coin toss shall be made before the start of the first game of a match between the two captains or a simple rock/ paper/ scissor will do.
2. Matches are 3 out of 5 with each games consisting of rally scoring to 21. You must win by two.
3. Playing two or more walls - Contacting two or more walls with the ball are allowed only by the team in possession of the ball on their own side provided a player on the at team touches the ball first. If the ball crosses the net after contacting two or more walls without making contact with a player, a side out of serve will be called.
4. Out of bounds - The ball shall be called out of bounds whenever it hits the ceiling, back wall on the opponent's side or two or more walls consecutively on a serve, volley or block.
5. Back wall in play or in bounds - The back wall is playable on the side of the team that is returning the serve or volley, provided a player of that team touches the ball first.
6. Ceiling in play or in bounds - the ceiling is in bounds only on the side of the team that is returning the serve or volley, provided a player on that team touches the ball first.
7. Touching the net - a ball that touches or rebounds off the net or net hardware may be played again provided it was not on the serve. if the ball is hit three times by a team but does not cross the net, the referee shall wait until a fourth contact is made or the ball hits the ground before stopping play.
8. Part of the ball contacting and crossing the net - if only part of the ball crosses the net and is subsequently hit by an opponent the ball is considered as having crossed the net.
9. Player contact with the net - a player or any part of his body or uniform that touches the net while the ball is in play shall be charged with a fault, unless, the ball is driven into the net with such force that it causes the net to touch a player.
10. Reaching over the net - In returning the ball, a player may follow through over the net provided he first makes contact with the ball on his side of the playing court. Players attempting a block may reach across the net, but shall not contact the ball until an opponent strikes the ball in an attempt to send it back into the opponent's court. A player can't block and opponent's set. if an opponent's set crosses the vertical plane of the net, it is considered a free ball and both teams are entitled to it.
11. Blocking and Spiking the serve - it is ILLEGAL for a player to block or spike a served ball.
12. Climbing the wall - no player shall climb the wall (s) to gain a height advantage while making a play on the ball.
This sport is for HU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Every team must submit a roster and the roster is final after the first game.
Ball and net will be provided.
Schedules will be available online, will play Mondays.
All games will be held in the Merillat Complex Racquetball Courts.
Got questions? Contact Russ Lawson at email@example.com.