Professor of Ministry and Missions, Department Chair, and Director of the Veritas Theology Institute
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 1997.
Dr. Karen Jones specializes in youth ministry and foundations of Christian education. In addition to teaching courses in ministry and missions, Karen serves as the director of the Veritas Theology Institute. She has an interest in global youth ministry and has helped train youth leaders who are now serving Christ around the world.
Karen’s goal in the classroom is first and foremost to help students grow in their love for Christ. She wants students to recognize God’s will for their lives as they prepare to become Kingdom leaders committed to excellence and integrity, regardless of their unique ministry callings. By encouraging students to foster personal holiness through consistent reading of God’s Word and constant communication with God in prayer, Karen desires for students to become steadfast, faithful Christian leaders who follow God and understand that purpose and meaning come from fulfilling your true God-given calling, regardless of culture or job changes along the way.
Originally from Kansas City, Missouri, Karen currently lives in Huntington. She and her husband have two children and are now grandparents.
- Ph.D. in Youth Ministries from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Remedial Reading from Southwest Missouri State University
- Master of Arts in Religious Education from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a concentration in Spanish from Southwest Missouri State University
- Youth minister for 15 years
- International instructor for Master’s of Youth Ministry programs in eight countries: China, Cuba, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, and Romania
- Director of the Doctorate of Educational Ministry program at Havana Baptist Theological Seminary, Havana, Cuba
- Student doctoral dissertations and master’s theses supervisor Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Nigeria Baptist Theological Seminary, and Huntington University
- Youth Ministry That Transforms (Zondervan/Youth Specialties, 2001) - Co-authored book based on original research through Link Institute’s Study of Protestant Youth Ministers in America
- “Multiple Intelligences and Learning Styles” (Baker Academic, 2015) - Chapter in Teaching the Next Generations
- Association of Youth Ministry Educators
- Executive Board/Vice-President, Society of Professors of Christian Education
- Executive Board, Youth Ministry International
- International Association for the Study of Youth Ministry
- Scholar Fellow, Center for Global Youth Ministry