Pack smarter, not harder.
When packing for college life at Huntington University, keep in mind the list of things you should pack, as well as those things you shouldn't. This list has been compiled by Huntington University students and included necessities and optional items. The residence hall rooms are already outfitted with beds, dressers, wardrobes, desks, desk chairs, and window blinds for each student.
What to bring:
- Clothes, shoes, etc.
- Alarm clock
- Laundry and cleaning supplies
- Shower caddy
- Linens (extra-long twin sheets)
- Board games and cards
- Desk supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils, scissors, stapler, and post-it notes)
- Window fan (especially if you live in Hardy Hall)
- Coffee maker
- Mini fridge (needs to be 36" or smaller, but keep in mind that Miller & Meadows halls come with a fridge provided in the room)
- Decorations to make you feel at home (photos, hanging lights, poster, etc.)
- Kitchen ware (plates, bowls, coffee mugs, silverware, etc.)
- Desk lamp
What students wish they would have brought with them when they first moved in:
- Command hooks and strips
- Rain gear (boots, umbrella, and coat)
- Sleeping bag for retreats
- Power strips and extension cords
- Extra chargers
- Dry erase board for outside your door
- Under-bed storage containers
- White sticky tack
What NOT to bring:
- Pets (unless it’s a fish)
- Printers (printers are available in dorms and academic buildings)
To have an admissions counselor contact you, please fill out this form!